Hot Topics Webinar – Thursday 30th November 2023
TIME: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
VENUE: Zoom Webinar
CPD: Approved for 2 External or Internal CPD credits per webinar
***Hot Topics Webinars are broadcast live. Delayed viewing will not be available.***
Hot Topics Webinar: Thursday 30th November, 6:30pm-8:30pm, Zoom (2 external or internal CPD credits)
– Parental Happiness or Grief – management of peripartum mental illness
Speaker: Prof Sarah Kittel-Schneider, Chair of Psychiatry, UCC
– An Introduction to Compassion Focused Therapy
Speaker: Dr Hannah Gilbert MBACP, The Compassionate Mind Foundation
—– Past webinars —–
Hot Topics Webinar: Thursday 21st September, 6:30pm-8:30pm, Zoom (2 external or internal CPD credits)
– Exercise for Wellness in Mental Illness
Speaker: Dr Noel McCaffrey, Sports & Exercise Medicine Specialist & CEO ExWell
– The Management of Metabolic Side Effects of Antipsychotic Medications
Speaker: Prof Brian O’Donoghue, Consultant Psychiatrist & Clinical Associate Professor UCD
Hot Topics Webinar: Thursday 26th October, 6:30pm-8:30pm, Zoom (2 external or internal CPD credits)
– Responding to Crisis Incidents: The interface of An Garda Síochána and Psychiatry
Inspector Ailish Myles & Garda Rosie Kenneally, An Garda Síochána Special Tactics & Operations Command (STOC)
Dr Brenda Wright, Executive Clinical Director, National Forensic Mental Health Service
Registration Fees for Hot Topics Webinars:
- CPsychI members: €30 per webinar
- Psychiatrists (Non-CPsychI members): €90 per webinar
- Other Specialties (Non-Psychiatrists): €55 per webinar
- *Continuous Professional Development Support Scheme (CPD-SS): A limited number of CPD-SS places are available to Non-Training NCHDs registered on 2023/24 CPD-SS. To avail of CPD-SS funding, you must book your place in advance by completing and submitting the booking form.
*Please note: CPD-SS and PCS are separate application processes. You must apply annually for the CPD-SS. View Further Information on the CPD-SS.
- CPsychI members: BOOK ONLINE – log in as a member and click on Member Registration button above.
- Non-CPsychI members / CPD-SS NCHDs: Please complete and submit your booking form as soon as possible to secure your place.
Registrants will be emailed a Zoom link shortly before the webinar(s) which will be broadcast live, without delayed access. The Zoom link will be unique for each registrant and can only be used on one device at a time. The link will be emailed to the primary email address we have on file for each registrant. In order for an attendance record to be generated for each webinar for the purposes of issuing CPD certificates, each registrant’s name and primary email address will be input as an attendee on the College’s Zoom account. The Zoom webinars may be recorded and made available at a future date. Any unauthorised recording/broadcasting/copying of Hot Topics presentations or material is strictly prohibited.