Hot Topics Webinar – Thursday 17th November 2022
TIME: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
VENUE: Zoom Webinar
CPD: Approved for 2 External or Internal CPD credits per webinar
***Hot Topics Webinars are broadcast live. Delayed viewing will not be available.***
Hot Topics Webinar: Thursday 17th November, 6:30pm-8.30pm, Zoom (2 external or internal CPD credits)
– Risk and Psychiatry: current approaches …. hindrance or help?
Speaker: Dr Miriam Kennedy, Consultant Psychiatrist (General Adult and Later Life), Highfield Healthcare, Dublin
Speaker: Dr Udo Reulbach, Chair of the CPsychI Faculty of Medical Psychotherapy
—– Past webinars —–
Hot Topics Webinar: Thursday 15th September, 6:30pm-8:30pm, Zoom (2 external or internal CPD credits)
– Prolonged Grief Disorder and Its Treatment
Speaker: Dr M. Katherine Shear, Marion E. Kenworthy Professor of Psychiatry in Social Work, Columbia University School of Social Work, USA & Director, Center for Prolonged Grief
– Update on Perinatal Psychiatry for the General Adult Psychiatrist
Speaker: Prof Anthony McCarthy, Consultant Perinatal Psychiatrist, National Maternity Hospital, Holles St, Dublin
Hot Topics Webinar: Thursday 20th October, 6:30pm-8:30pm, Zoom (2 external or internal CPD credits)
– The Shadow Pandemic of Domestic Abuse: Implications for Psychiatry
Speaker: Prof Louise M Howard, Professor of Women’s Mental Health, King’s College London
– An Update on the Clinical Management of Child and Adolescent Eating Disorders
Speaker: Dr Sara McDevitt, Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Child and Adolescent Regional Eating Disorder Service (CAREDS) Cork & Clinical Senior Lecturer, UCC
Registration Fees for Hot Topics Webinars:
- CPsychI members: €30 per webinar
- Psychiatrists (Non-CPsychI members): €90 per webinar
- Other Specialties (Non-Psychiatrists): €55 per webinar
- *Continuous Professional Development Support Scheme (CPD-SS): A limited number of CPD-SS places are available to Non-Training NCHDs registered on 2022/23 CPD-SS. To avail of CPD-SS funding, you must book your place in advance by completing and submitting the booking form.
*Please note: CPD-SS and PCS are separate application processes. You must apply annually for the CPD-SS. View Further Information on the CPD-SS.
- CPsychI members: BOOK ONLINE – log in as a member and click on Member Registration button above.
- Non-CPsychI members / CPD-SS NCHDs: Please complete and submit your booking form as soon as possible to secure your place.
Registrants will be emailed a Zoom link shortly before the webinar(s) which will be broadcast live, without delayed access. The Zoom link will be unique for each registrant and can only be used on one device at a time. The link will be emailed to the primary email address we have on file for each registrant. In order for an attendance record to be generated for each webinar for the purposes of issuing CPD certificates, each registrant’s name and primary email address will be input as an attendee on the College’s Zoom account. The Zoom webinars may be recorded and made available at a future date. Any unauthorised recording/broadcasting/copying of Hot Topics presentations or material is strictly prohibited.